Friday, September 17, 2010

Blog #3

I would rate my preventive practices around normal. I know I’m not perfect but I also know I can do a whole lot better with my choices. I can improve my health by not going out to eat junk food and cook actual healthy meals. I can start exercising more like I used to and really enforced exercise in my life.

Encouraging the youth would be easy by showing emotional videos and giving them reminders like the WWJD bracelets and of course it would be a different slogan. The adolescence that actually could be touched mentally would benefit from seeing what they might turn into. Health classes outside of school could help as well and to raise children’s self-esteem.  If there were high statistics the local news could cover a story on health.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristina,

    I took the health assessor online and my overall health was between 75 and79 out of 100, I find that to be untrue. I know that my health is slowly declining because I have been struggling with a illness for quite sometime now. I eat healthy all the time and workout 3-4 times a week for 90-120 minutes a day, but the reality is it does me no good when you are not mentally and emotionally healthy.I know these online health assessments are not a hundred percent correct, but it took me sometime to realized that. From the time I was in middle school to high school I had become very aware of my body image and how others were looking at me. As time passed I became obsessed, I was always checking my BMI online and it was constantly telling me that I was overweight. I did not know at the time that ones weight also consisted of his or her muscle mass. Black females are know to have more muscle than white I was ignorant of this at the time; I realized that the BMI was based of one Demographic and not every race, I also realized that women held on to water. I the health educators could do anything to improve would be to conduct more accurate studies of all female races so that we as females get the best information out there. I know that it is up to me to make the change, but it is going to take time.

    Namaste!!!


    Kitara

    ReplyDelete